F11 not working in v3b3

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Lips
Forum Moderator

F11 not working in v3b3

Post by Lips »

The F11 key has lost its functionality. It's broken.

The bug with the Connections Window, where the status bar appears on top of said window (and the other wackiness that went along with this), looks like it's fixed. It's appreciated.

However, please fix the F11 key and allow it once again to toggle the Connections Window open/close.

Thanks.

--
Lips

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

That'll be fixed in b4.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

Spiril wrote:That'll be fixed in b4.
Thank you.

I hope it won't be too long. Being a creature of habit I still keep hitting the F11 key and, well, F!@&X*@&%**, grr... argh.... ;-)

--
Lips

Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

I'll look forward to my F11 back in b4 then, I feel all alone without it :shock:

Wireless Geek

Post by Wireless Geek »

Doh! Yeah, it was something I noticed right away also. Glad 2 see the problem has already been addressed.

daphatty
Forum Moderator

Post by daphatty »

Thank god I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Hey spiril, while you are at it, could you also fix Ctrl-U? It's a hold over from the old "Unload" button that you removed a long time ago. I still find it useful and even get a kick out of the fact that it's a rather undocumented shortcut key that gets plenty of use. ;)

Creatof

Post by Creatof »

What does the Unload button do?

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

Creatof wrote:What does the Unload button do?
CTRL+U unloaded/closed the active group, saved the group’s cache and cleaned the group’s cache if necessary.
I would also like to see the return of CTRL+U. In v3 this could close all of active groups. However, I don’t know if this would perform exactly the same function and save and clean (if needed) the cache. With a lot of groups open (vgroups) this could be a slow process. I guess at minimum, the key combo would just deactivate all of the active groups.

--
Lips

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

If you update one or more groups, which are not active, it is my impression they stay in the computers memory, without saving the cache. In that case it could be useful to save the cache, without having to activate, deactivate the group(s) or closing down newsleecher.

This getting a bit off topic. :)
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

Wireless Geek

You've Been Busy!

Post by Wireless Geek »

Holy moly you've been busy Spiril. It appears F11 slipped through the cracks on Beta 4. No worries. Just a friendly reminder if you can sneak it in b5. Great work!

-- Geek

Lips
Forum Moderator

Re: You've Been Busy!

Post by Lips »

Wireless Geek wrote:
Holy moly you've been busy Spiril. It appears F11 slipped through the cracks on Beta 4. No worries. Just a friendly reminder if you can sneak it in b5. Great work!
Yes, Spiril, it looks like you have been busy! I guess you'll be forgiven for F11 this time..... ;-) :smile: I'll second the friendly reminder. - Thanks.

--
Lips

Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

I'll third the F11 reminder ;)

Fantastic work on beta4 though! :)

Fedorov.

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek »

Hell, as long as "add group manually" works, it's fine by me. Who needs F11 anyway. :twisted:

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

I don't need F11, I never use it, so it can wait until eternity, as far I'm concerned. :twisted: :wink:
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

dwazegek wrote:Hell, as long as "add group manually" works, it's fine by me. Who needs F11 anyway. :twisted:
Red Dwarf wrote:I don't need F11, I never use it, so it can wait until eternity, as far I'm concerned. :twisted: :wink:
Well, there's always a couple in every crowd..... ;-) :smile:

--
Lips