3.5 Beta 3 Master Bug List

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
jlarmstr

3.5 Beta 3 Master Bug List

Post by jlarmstr »

I thought I might start this seeing B3 just came out today, Spiril/Moderate can delete or modify as seen fit, after about 20-30 minutes, here is what I noticed:

1. Thumbnails will not launch (persistent bug from previous beta's).
2. Tool tip pop-ups blink, people with epilepsy should avoid this build :D
3. Upgrading caused infinite loop when starting download of partial file then completed, and created same file.1, file.2,....until I stopped at something like file.89. Note: Killing software, clearing queue, and rebooting fixed.
4. Where or where did the right-click context menu go in the Articles tree?

Bilar Crais

Post by Bilar Crais »

On 3.5 betas, even though splash screen is disabled, some kind of graphic appears on both 3.5b2 and b3 when loading.

Smudge
Site Admin

Re: 3.5 Beta 3 Master Bug List

Post by Smudge »

jlarmstr wrote:3. Upgrading caused infinite loop when starting download of partial file then completed, and created same file.1, file.2,....until I stopped at something like file.89. Note: Killing software, clearing queue, and rebooting fixed.
What version did you upgrade from? This is a known problem when going from 3.0 Final to 3.5 beta 2 and looks like it is still there with beta 3.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

pitibull

Post by pitibull »

i've update from 3.5 b2 and when i want to read en text file it is blocked on the downloading article ... so i installed the previous version 3.5 b2 and now i see no articles in groups even if i click on "old" button ... do you have a solution please ?

oh noooo, i've reinstalled 3.5 b3 and i can't dl any article, it stay blocked on the article ...

even if i come back to 3 final no articles in groups, update are making with no problems but no new articles ... :roll:

i purge the cache, so full updating and no article ... this beta 3 is very dangerous !

erf sorry, the case "binaries" was not activated probably unactivated by the 3.5 b3 so i can see articles now but download a file is impossible , hope that it is not newshosting that having problems ...

it looks that newshosting having probs on port 119 ...

so maybe the 3.5 b3 is not dangerous but can frighten very much loool

AfghanEB

Post by AfghanEB »

As of NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 3, the system tray icon is not displayed correctly. There is a square, white background around the smiley and it isn't transparent so it clashes with the rest of the system tray. Anyone else noticed this?

zetaprime

Post by zetaprime »

I seem to have come across a worse bug in beta 3..It doesn't connect to my news servers, making it totally useless. I quickly reverted back to beta 2. This is the first time one of these betas failed to even connect.

thany

Post by thany »

Can I add the x64 bug? You know... this one
Running Newsleecher 7.0 on Windows 10 x64, because 4.0 stopped working

grimlock72

Post by grimlock72 »

zetaprime wrote:I seem to have come across a worse bug in beta 3..It doesn't connect to my news servers, making it totally useless. I quickly reverted back to beta 2. This is the first time one of these betas failed to even connect.
Adding some quotes from your logfile might help. It could well be your firewall blocking a changed executable ??

zetaprime

Post by zetaprime »

grimlock72 wrote:
zetaprime wrote:I seem to have come across a worse bug in beta 3..It doesn't connect to my news servers, making it totally useless. I quickly reverted back to beta 2. This is the first time one of these betas failed to even connect.
Adding some quotes from your logfile might help. It could well be your firewall blocking a changed executable ??
It's not worth bothering with beta 3 since the UI is so awful that I wouldn't want to use it even if it could connect. If it was my firewall getting in the way then it has more intelligence than I ever gave it credit for..being smart enough to keep me from perhaps trying to use beta 3 against my better judgement. :)

grimlock72

Post by grimlock72 »

zetaprime wrote: It's not worth bothering with beta 3 since the UI is so awful that I wouldn't want to use it even if it could connect. If it was my firewall getting in the way then it has more intelligence than I ever gave it credit for..being smart enough to keep me from perhaps trying to use beta 3 against my better judgement. :)
Heh.. yeah true. I'm back to beta2 to as well. Never the less, if you have such connection problems it's always usefull to post SOME logging in the future :P

eagle1

'not scrolling to top' bug reintroduced in v3.5b3

Post by eagle1 »

Hi,

I guess the 'not scrolling to top' bug viewtopic.php?t=6642 which
got fixed in v3.0b5 is back again!

Spiril: Please fix it as that bug is really annoying and time-consuming...

Regards,
eagle1

BTW, I *REALLY* love the new filter function inside the DL queue window!!
[/url]

fandel

Post by fandel »

Another "feature".

When downloading (mostly large files) newsleecher does not wait to write a downloaded file from memory (or cash) into the download folder. It will just continue to download more files, this causes the increase in memory for the program and eventually eats all of the RAM from the computer.

I don't know if anyone else is getting this issue but I download at usually 35MB/s to 60MB/s and that's what keeps happening I have to stop downloading for a short while until the program drops in memory before continuing to download. I wanted to come back to the final version as this feature is not part of the final program but I really like the newly added features (exept this one).
100Mbit Down/UP... Sweet...

Shun

Post by Shun »

fandel wrote:I don't know if anyone else is getting this issue but I download at usually 35MB/s to 60MB/s and that's what keeps happening I have to stop downloading for a short while until the program drops in memory before continuing to download. I wanted to come back to the final version as this feature is not part of the final program but I really like the newly added features (exept this one).
Funny you should mention this, but I also have a fast connection and had experienced problems in the past with my system being overwhelmed when the download rate was very high. (Too much of a good thing.)

But my impression of B3 is the opposite of yours. It seems MUCH more responsive than the previous betas, and the download speed stays consistently high. May I ask how much memory you have installed? I have 1 GB of RAM, and I find that even with NL downloading at full tilt there is little if any effect on other programs.

bex

Post by bex »

Here's on

I have a newshosting account that won't max out on my 10 Mbit connection so I enable a couple of blueyonder connections.

Blueyonder newsgroups are poor at best but as its on the same server as me they are fast ,retention is about 3days

Newsleecher is set to skip over any posts over three days old (on the blueyonder server) but the blueyonder connections hang on initilising on any posts over 3 days even though its supposed to skip them

it was fine with 3.0 and I deleted the catch before installing

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

bex wrote:Newsleecher is set to skip over any posts over three days old (on the blueyonder server) but the blueyonder connections hang on initilising on any posts over 3 days even though its supposed to skip them
I see this problem as well. This has been brought up in another thread.
bex wrote:it was fine with 3.0 and I deleted the catch before installing
Hmm..... v3.0 does not have the Max Server Retention option.

--
Lips