Beta 6 - Thanks Spiril!!!

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Andre

Beta 6 - Thanks Spiril!!!

Post by Andre »

Thanks for listening to all the chatter here about the drop-down group selector... but it was a bit sneaky to hide it where you did though, were you hoping we wouldn't notice it? :-) If and when you get a chance to code it back into a normal style drop-down box (and maybe move it to beside the Tabs rather than on the menu line) so that it's obvious that it's there, that would be great - but no hurry, I'm just glad it's back!

Also, my thanks for putting the extra options for the 'days old' display back too. That was starting to get on my nerve a bit. (Oh, and that reminds me, when you get a chance could you debug the problem which prevents a group which does not need to download any new headers from being auto-sorted? Cheers).

So now perhaps we can all get back to routine bug reports and feature requests. I'll post more on beta 6 when I've had a better look at it, but I just had to post my thanks for the selector straight away.

Many thanks again,

Andre :D

zeus163

Post by zeus163 »

It is back, but man, I'd love to be able to move it somewhere else.

I just hope we can get checkboxes back now.

Thanks for the drop-down selector.

zetaprime

Re: Beta 6 - Thanks Spiril!!!

Post by zetaprime »

Andre wrote:Thanks for listening to all the chatter here about the drop-down group selector... but it was a bit sneaky to hide it where you did though, were you hoping we wouldn't notice it? :-) If and when you get a chance to code it back into a normal style drop-down box (and maybe move it to beside the Tabs rather than on the menu line) so that it's obvious that it's there, that would be great - but no hurry, I'm just glad it's back!

Also, my thanks for putting the extra options for the 'days old' display back too. That was starting to get on my nerve a bit. (Oh, and that reminds me, when you get a chance could you debug the problem which prevents a group which does not need to download any new headers from being auto-sorted? Cheers).

So now perhaps we can all get back to routine bug reports and feature requests. I'll post more on beta 6 when I've had a better look at it, but I just had to post my thanks for the selector straight away.

Many thanks again,

Andre :D

Where is the dropdown group selector option hidden? I've looked but not found it. It oughtn't be hidden like some sort of easter egg.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

It should appear to the right of the Main Menu toolbar at the top of the window. If you don't see it, right click on a toolbar row or View>Toolbar menu and make sure the "Active Group Menu" toolbar option is enabled.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Enzomatrx

Post by Enzomatrx »

sneaky sneaky location of it... made me double check the forum to see the "how to enable it" to make sure it was on.

I'd love the old-style of course but still I'm not complaining. Memory leak fixed, region encoding solved, group dropdown back in... thanks so much for listening and helping.

For a while I was worried nothing from the forum was getting in :)

Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

Thanks Spiril, great new beta version.

One bug I reported back on beta 5 still remains, even more noticeable now the drop down group list is back..... each time you change to view a different group with the dropdown OR GNP the scroll position should be reset back to the top.... if you've scrolled to the bottom of the previous group when you choose the next group the scrollbar is not reset.

Using Alt+left/right arrow keys works the best, it DOES reset the scroll position on a change of groups.

Here's hoping you can get this in beta 8 ;)

Thanks again

Fedorov.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Fedorov wrote:One bug I reported back on beta 5 still remains, even more noticeable now the drop down group list is back..... each time you change to view a different group with the dropdown OR GNP the scroll position should be reset back to the top.... if you've scrolled to the bottom of the previous group when you choose the next group the scrollbar is not reset.

Using Alt+left/right arrow keys works the best, it DOES reset the scroll position on a change of groups.
Added to the Known Bugs list.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Badmanbob

Post by Badmanbob »

The Group Dropdown Box is perfect how it is, its better than before. i love it

zetaprime

Post by zetaprime »

Smudge wrote:It should appear to the right of the Main Menu toolbar at the top of the window. If you don't see it, right click on a toolbar row or View>Toolbar menu and make sure the "Active Group Menu" toolbar option is enabled.
Thankx...I found it..It was there all along but it didn't look like anything to click on. The original dropdown had white, like the dropdown for Supersearch in the upper right, so I just took the [] bracketed text to be merely an indicator of the currently active group. Kinda nice the way it is..unobtrusive so that people who don't use it can easily ignore it.