HELP! Can't get rid of this message: Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file..."

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Arsby

HELP! Can't get rid of this message: Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file..."

Post by Arsby »

I was on NL 7 Beta 10 which had been working fine since December, this started today. I
getting the message shown in the picture below whenever I try to update any newsgroups. I tried everything to get around it. Clear the groups cache, close and reopen NL, even restart the laptop. Then I uninstalled NL 7 Beta 10 and installed NL 7 Beta 14 and I'm still getting the error!
It happens in SuperSearch, too... I try to download something, I get the same error!

HELP, I can't use NL any more!
Attachments
nl error 20160430.jpg
nl error 20160430.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 10867 times

myidisnot

Re: HELP! Can't get rid of this message: Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file..."

Post by myidisnot »

just delete all in the quere for download.

Arsby

Re: HELP! Can't get rid of this message: Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file..."

Post by Arsby »

Sunuvagun. It worked.

Well, you saved me a lot of money. My next step would be to trash the laptop and buy a new one. I owe you.

myidisnot

Post by myidisnot »

no problem. it has something to do with doing leech open option that makes it not want to get everything afterwards in normal download leech option. then you have the b@s 265 etc character limit problem :P

guessing a PAR file was the cause since most of it go to top of the Q list.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

The other day we did a remote session with a user having the same error.
We found out that the download folder path was set to an external disc which had some issues with special folder names and permissions. The folder was called: E (yes just the letter E which shouldn't give any issues??) but we couldn't even copy a file into the folder using windows explorer. The permissions were fine.

We tried to create a new folder on the external disc called : NLdownload - worked. We changed the folder path in Newsleecher and the error was gone.
So this was an issue writing/getting access to the folder and had nothing to do with Newsleecher. Sometimes things can be tricky 8-[
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

stbrown

Post by stbrown »

I keep getting this error as well ever since I moved to a new external WD Mybook. No matter if I use an existing folder or create a new one I get it. I click on ok and it will continue and download but I can't figure this one out..I even tried re-applying file permissions. If i change the download folder to my other WD (my passport drive) it works fine.

When I did move to the new WD Mybook and did copy the contents of my old "download" drive to this one by just copying and pasting

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

A rant in Polish about carpet cleaning??? Does this forum have a moderator?

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

Arsby wrote:A rant in Polish about carpet cleaning??? Does this forum have a moderator?

It's spam and removed.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

scuba wrote:
Arsby wrote:A rant in Polish about carpet cleaning??? Does this forum have a moderator?

It was spam and now removed.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

stbrown wrote:I keep getting this error as well ever since I moved to a new external WD Mybook. No matter if I use an existing folder or create a new one I get it. I click on ok and it will continue and download but I can't figure this one out..I even tried re-applying file permissions. If i change the download folder to my other WD (my passport drive) it works fine.

When I did move to the new WD Mybook and did copy the contents of my old "download" drive to this one by just copying and pasting
can you send us a screenshot of the destination folder settings?

Dynamic

Post by Dynamic »

I have the same problem, but I cant get if off, I did delete the queue, but it comes back after it

Please help

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

Dynamic wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 1:10 pm
I have the same problem, but I cant get if off, I did delete the queue, but it comes back after it

Please help

Is the E drive a Nas or Usb drive? Try to change your destination folders to your local C drive and test.
We have seen many times that it's the drive attached (NAS, USB or Old disk) having problems.
If it works with local C drive then it's something with the E drive.