New version?

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
Fixxxer

Re: New version?

Post by Fixxxer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 am

..::Frans::.. wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 am
scuba wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:13 am
yes but it's the honest answer every time.
Things change if there are bugs found in the alpha versions. Specially one bug has been a problem. It has been fixed and the (hopefully) last alpha version is in test now. So next is the beta to website...

And that my friend is harder and harder to swallow, especially when reading these kind of messages

liennguyen wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 am
So, is there any info about new release? :(

Or

Zooitje wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:47 am
And now we are 3 weeks further and still no news about a new beta [-X

I think it isn't the message you deliver, it is the way you communicate. I find myself checking the website page "downloads" just to see there aren"t any new betas... again. The "news" tab in NL is showing some downtime in oct 2017... well, that helps... and to be honest, with all bugs that i have learned to live with, all charm NL had, all the things the community and old time customers asked for and never got... the year customers are waiting now for an answer and only getting sent on a wild goose chase... only to find themselfs back at the same place, weeks, months later with the same replies, same stories and same answers.... it is getting old.

As said, it is the way you communicate and you can't keep this up. Customers are asking, begging, shouting for decent answers, any answer would do but do not keep saying... it is coming this week... it is ready... tomorrow, this week... alpha is in testing phase... because that is the answer we are getting for the last 6 months. Windows 10 has a shorter TTL.

I always want to end my postings with a positive note.

Scuba, i do appreciate all the hard work the goes into creating a great piece of sw like NL, keep up that good work. Please do replying to people on the board here but don't treat me or others like, well, i can think of a few "not very nice" words... we don't deserve that. The reason that me (and others) are asking for new developments on the NL horizon is interest. That means you have a fanbase... treat them as such...

Happy programming and have a really nice day!
Sorry to say, but I think NL is more dead than alive looking at the forum that have posts I think of what are they doing here.
second it's been now over a year the last update/beta.
And I do also agree with Frans there is a very big community that wants NL on the net, the work you are doing is great.
But do release a version that you think is the most stable, there are a lot people out there that wanna help.
by testing it in real time sometimes gives faster solutions than in a test area

cheezhed

Post by cheezhed » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:43 am

When will new version be released? My subscription is up soon and I need to know whether to resubscribe.

wboevink

Post by wboevink » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:41 pm

There won’t be a new version!

..::Frans::..

Post by ..::Frans::.. » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 pm

wboevink wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:41 pm
There won’t be a new version!
I think most of us agree with this after being made a fool of for... what is it now... 15 months? And i asked it very politely, and i am a little bit longer customer than admins are admins.... so, they,'ve just given up, polished the website pages again to make it appear that something is happening...

But it isn't...

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Agreed 100%..sad but true
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

cheezhed

Post by cheezhed » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Hello? Anyone?

y0himba

Post by y0himba » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 am

I have unfortunately canceled my subscription. After many years, it is time to go with a new server, a new software. Lack of transparency, lack of updates are making me unsure if this service will continue. Sorry.
-Insert cool signature here.

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 am

Agreed. At the end of the day, we are all customers, and as such, we have expectations. Obviously, those expectations are not being met. A lack of transparency and minimal communication are the issues that have frustrated me the most with regard to NewsLeecher.

Zooitje

Post by Zooitje » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:45 am

I totally agree!

markhascole

Post by markhascole » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:45 pm

MichaelRonaldhino77 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 am
yeah, that's right you just need an android vpn in this device to watch your favorite movies or tv channels online from anywhere in the world with bufferless streaming. I am using Fastest VPN and I am very much satisfied with their service. try this one. :)
mobile phones are the only devices that you carry with yourself 24/7. Come to think of it, it is thus, crucial for you to secure your phone with a VPN since things like GPS detection and insecure WiFi connections can adversely affect our privacy.
Thanks for sharing this information!

KBMan1015

Post by KBMan1015 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:36 pm

yeah, that's right you just need an android vpn in this device to watch your favorite movies or tv channels online from anywhere in the world with bufferless streaming. I am using Fastest VPN and I am very much satisfied with their service. try this one. :)
mobile phones are the only devices that you carry with yourself 24/7. Come to think of it, it is thus, crucial for you to secure your phone with a VPN since things like GPS detection and insecure WiFi connections can adversely affect our privacy.
True. Not every fast food joint or coffee shop has a protected WiFi. I'm usually using Ivacy VPN's Chrome browser extension to unblock Netflix USA. That's the only other thing aside from protecting my IP why I use a VPN.

y0himba

Post by y0himba » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Well, the Newsleecher forums are being ignored as well now it seems. Spammers have infiltrated us.
-Insert cool signature here.

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Discontinued Supersearch for now...may return when version 8 comes out! Very disappointed :(
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

cheezhed

Post by cheezhed » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:06 am

Very disappointed

Cathy

Post by Cathy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:17 am

MichaelRonaldhino77 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 am
yeah, that's right you just need an android vpn in this device to watch your favorite movies or tv channels online from anywhere in the world with bufferless streaming. I am using FastestVPN and I am very much satisfied with their service. try this one. :)
I agreed but i have seen the speed and serious connection issues with some vpns especially free ones. I have switched few VPNs to get the right vpn for my android and i believe VyprVPN is just doing thinks fine for me as i am not facing two main issues like speed and connectivity. I heard Expressvpn and PIA are also good VPNs for android. Do research first about some of the best android vpn apps and get the best,.
Last edited by Cathy on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.