How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Post Reply
tt4079
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by tt4079 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:10 am

When is someone going to do something about the spam on this site!! Does anyone in charge actually care? I get some things to do with nl you cannot talk about or do but ffs, doing something about spam surely is doable.

bkz2457
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by bkz2457 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:38 am

Scuba is pretty much the only person visiting here when he can.
I think everyone else has given up on this place and NewsLeecher in general.

User avatar
Shalom2010
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 am

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by Shalom2010 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 pm

I think Scuba is gone as well (?)
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

scuba
Site Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by scuba » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:26 am

tt4079 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:10 am
When is someone going to do something about the spam on this site!! Does anyone in charge actually care? I get some things to do with nl you cannot talk about or do but ffs, doing something about spam surely is doable.
we are really trying - we have also updated the spamfilter but we see spam accounts being created manually - so that is tough to deal with.
I have deleted it now :D
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

scuba
Site Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by scuba » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:27 am

Shalom2010 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 pm
I think Scuba is gone as well (?)
no - i am still here! :wink:
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

User avatar
Shalom2010
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 am

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by Shalom2010 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:47 am

scuba wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:27 am
Shalom2010 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 pm
I think Scuba is gone as well (?)
no - i am still here! :wink:
Well perhaps you could keep a closer eye on the Spam...it makes the forum look dead! Thanks for the reply.
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

scuba
Site Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by scuba » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:51 am

Shalom2010 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:47 am
scuba wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:27 am
Shalom2010 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 pm
I think Scuba is gone as well (?)
no - i am still here! :wink:
Well perhaps you could keep a closer eye on the Spam...it makes the forum look dead! Thanks for the reply.
yes i will try to check it every day.
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

tt4079
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by tt4079 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Scuba, other forums I use force new people to have their first few posts approved and it does seem to have cut down the spam a lot. Is not no such option available in the forum software used here?

scuba
Site Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by scuba » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:50 am

tt4079 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:01 pm
Scuba, other forums I use force new people to have their first few posts approved and it does seem to have cut down the spam a lot. Is not no such option available in the forum software used here?
let me talk to spiril about that :)
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

bkz2457
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by bkz2457 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:12 pm

So Spiril still exists then? :)

scuba
Site Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by scuba » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:08 am

bkz2457 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:12 pm
So Spiril still exists then? :)
yes he does! :o)
There is a lot of stuff going on - good stuff :o)

For now i will keep my eyes on the forum and delete the spam
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

bkz2457
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: How To Fix The Common Problems of Amazon Echo & Kindle?

Post by bkz2457 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:07 am

Nice to finally see a new version of Newsleecher, it's been a while. ;)

Post Reply