8.0 Beta 4: Cannot disable spam detection

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
nurbles

8.0 Beta 4: Cannot disable spam detection

Post by nurbles »

No matter how I have tried the spam detection settings, passworded RAR files are ALWAYS flagged as spam (by SuperSearch) requiring me to manually resume each one individually.

My spam detection settings are:
NotSpam.png
NotSpam.png (67.59 KiB) Viewed 12866 times
But I still get spam reports like this:

Code: Select all

--------------------------------------------
-- [ SPAM DETECTED ] -----------------------
--------------------------------------------
Passworded ( Unknown Password ) RAR Download Detected.

NewsLeecher has detected a passworded RAR file.

-------

Passworded RAR Archive :
19081203.part01.rar

-------

NewsLeecher will pause any further articles from the same article set, in the download queue.

To prevent NewsLeecher from detecting RAR archives with unknown passwords as spam, untoggle the following settings under "Settings -> Download -> Spam Detection" ...

1) Passworded RAR Files
2) RAR-in-RAR Files
3) EXE or SCR in-RAR Files
So, is the detailed detection message wrong to advise toggling those settings or is the program broken because it is not using the settings? Both are bad, but I hope it is the second and that it will be fixed in the next beta release.

[Edit: Corrected version typo in subject]

nurbles

Re: 8.0 Beta 4: Cannot disable spam detection

Post by nurbles »

6 months and not even a comment. I guess I am the only one that sometimes downloads a password protected RAR file and is annoyed that it is *ALWAYS* flagged as spam, despite disabling that particular detection?

Is there any change in hell that this will ever be fixed (or even that 8.0 will finish its eternal beta test)?

Antonin

Re: 8.0 Beta 4: Cannot disable spam detection

Post by Antonin »

I'd say there is no chance that the issue you refer to will be fixed, and certainly no likelihood that we'll see any progress on 8.0. Sadly, we've all been here before.