Issue with leecher & nzbs

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

bunnsallah

Issue with leecher & nzbs

Post by bunnsallah »

Starting about a week ago, my newsleecher will not work using nzb's. I have tried several to no avail. If I go back in time and use nzb from a week ago they work fine. Has something changed lately or is there any help to this issue? thx

bunnsallah

Re: Issue with leecher & nzbs

Post by bunnsallah »

This is the same issue I'm having. They make it sound like Newsleecher needs to update. I've been running version 7 for long time, should switch to the beta? I'm guessing that gets updated.

Mibbler

Post by Mibbler »

Don't replace v7 with the beta, install the beta in a separate directory. You can only run one at a time but they can use the same data files. Each has some advantages and disadvantages over the other. I haven't used NZBs lately so don't know if the latest beta can deal with them better than 7. I subscribe to SuperSearch; their unscrambled headers are a limited alternative to NZBs. 8 beta handles those headers much better than 7 does.

The latest official beta, 8.0 Beta 4, came out 12/15/2019, so about 18 months ago. There was an Unofficial Forum Release, nl80005.ufr2.exe dated 12/21/2019.
Del Mibbler

ussendeav

Post by ussendeav »

I am also having an issue. I am able to import the NZB but it nearly instantly disappears from Newsleecher.
In a split screen, I can see it load and in a fraction of a second, disappear from the list.

I at first thought it was a bad NZB but some times, it is happening with every NZB for a given title and it is happening with many titles across different groups. Is this what you are experiencing? For me, this started right around when the OP started having the issue.

ussendeav

Post by ussendeav »

I am also having an issue. I am able to import the NZB but it nearly instantly disappears from Newsleecher.
In a split screen, I can see it load and in a fraction of a second, disappear from the list.

I at first thought it was a bad NZB but some times, it is happening with every NZB for a given title and it is happening with many titles across different groups. Is this what you are experiencing? For me, this started right around when the OP started having the issue.

ussendeav

Post by ussendeav »

ussendeav

Post by ussendeav »

ussendeav

Post by ussendeav »

ussendeav

Post by ussendeav »

NilsAlbertsson

Post by NilsAlbertsson »

NZB Geek - Issue fixed with v.8 Beta 4

Like others, I'm having issues with NZBs, with my problems being from the site NZB Geek, that has only just started in the past few days or so. I download the NZB by selecting the cloud icon with the down arrow, and then (as always) I select the "Open With NewsLeecher" option when the Windows download dialogue appears. When NewsLeecher opens, there is only one file in the queue instead of the whole set.... As I said, until a few days ago, everything worked fine.

I've contacted their site admin, explaining that this issue has just arisen, and they replied, saying that obfuscated NZBs are not supported by NewsLeecher... I assumed I was being given a FU kind of reply, because it worked fine until a few days ago, and NewsLeecher was the same version as I had always been using (IE it hadn't recently been updated). SOMETHING has clearly changed to cause this problem, and as I hadn't updated NewsLeecher, I assumed the site's platform was the issue.

However, I just installed NewsLeecher v.8 BETA 4 (to a separate folder, so I could try it out whilst still keeping v.7 Final)... Then I went back and downloaded several of the files that had failed earlier, and to my surprise, it works perfectly, just like before!

This has completely baffled me... Something has very clearly changed to cause v.7 Final to stop working, but it can't be v.7 itself, because it hadn't updated recently, and certainly not before the fault arose.... WTH has changed that caused v.7 Final to stop working, but v.8 BETA 4 to work as it should.

The only thing I can guess (and this really is just a wild guess) is that a recent OS update has caused the problem.

Whatever the issue is/was, updating to the latest beta has cured it.

Anybody got any ideas?

ussendeav

Post by ussendeav »

Same here, the beta works as the final 7 used to. I am reluctant to use the beta version but what choice have I?

Oh well, I guess it will just go unresolved.

antoninb111

Post by antoninb111 »

I'm finding that SABnzbd works extremely well with nzbgeek. I no longer have nzb files associated with NL.

craig8844

Post by craig8844 »

The issue is most uploaders are now using a new obsfucation method that is not supported by newsleecher, i found this info on nzbplanet and switched to sabnzbd and it now works fine, users using newsbin need to also update to the beta to fix the issue

i dont think upgrading newsleecher to the beta will fix the issue as the latest beta was = Date: 15 Dec. 2019 and the new obsfuct method only started a few weeks ago

bucksur

Post by bucksur »

I am able to import the NZB but it nearly instantly disappears from Newsleecher.surveyzop

moveon

Post by moveon »

Why in the world would you want to use newsleecher if you already have the nzb. Use Sabnzb, fast and FREE.