What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Emulator_Chas
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:28 am

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by Emulator_Chas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am

While Supersearch was down 32 days ago Several posts never got fixed or completed (such as NCIS s16e13) and still has not been fixed and I really would like to see this show..........
During the same time, my electric power went out, so it did not get DVRed............. :cry: :cry:

Can SOmeone look into fixing this one
thanks

Mibbler
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:02 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by Mibbler » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:03 am

Emulator_Chas wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am
While Supersearch was down 32 days ago Several posts never got fixed or completed (such as NCIS s16e13) and still has not been fixed and I really would like to see this show..........
During the same time, my electric power went out, so it did not get DVRed............. :cry: :cry:

Can SOmeone look into fixing this one
thanks
You have a PM.
Del Mibbler

BrainDead
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by BrainDead » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Can somebody please kick the supersearch service?
It's been down more than 24 hours now according to the status page.
thnx....

Mibbler
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:02 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by Mibbler » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Despite the status page's graphs still showing zero usage of SuperSearch, SS has been back up and working for more than a day. Maybe whatever collects the usage data isn't working.Either that, or nobody thinks SS is working so they're not using it.
Del Mibbler

chuckbown
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:12 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by chuckbown » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:14 pm

Don't know how it is working for you. Supersearch returns "Unable to receive a reply from supersearch" error every time I try. Would be nice if there was some sort of status update.

BrainDead
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by BrainDead » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:28 pm

chuckbown wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:14 pm
Don't know how it is working for you. Supersearch returns "Unable to receive a reply from supersearch" error every time I try. Would be nice if there was some sort of status update.

Yep, same here....

OmeJo
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by OmeJo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:05 am

Since saturday morning 19th october supersearch doesn't work anymore and doesn't give any results. I receive the message: "The supersearch service has been moved to new, more powerful servers. Please restart NL to get access to the new servers" After restarting NL and even my PC I still get the same message an can't use SS :oops: . Anyone any idea? Newsleecher service doesn't reply to my questions :evil: .

OmeJo
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by OmeJo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:27 pm

BrainDead wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:56 pm
Can somebody please kick the supersearch service?
It's been down more than 24 hours now according to the status page.
thnx....
It's a real big problem i guess. I tried several things but nothing seems to work.

OmeJo
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by OmeJo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Supersearch down for several days now.

Alloneword
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:48 pm
Location: U.K.

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by Alloneword » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:11 pm

OmeJo wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:05 am
Since saturday morning 19th october supersearch doesn't work anymore and doesn't give any results. I receive the message: "The supersearch service has been moved to new, more powerful servers. Please restart NL to get access to the new servers" After restarting NL and even my PC I still get the same message an can't use SS :oops: .
Yup getting the same i see a message on site saying it's been looked into but so far nothing.
Not to sure if i'm allowed to ask this or not but any suggestion for other software that will index the whole of usenet? I use newshosting bit of software and it's ok but not great
Image

Legion303
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:34 am

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by Legion303 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:25 am

SS has been down for several hours (connection timeout) and the status page shows errors on the service.

scuba966
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:10 am

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by scuba966 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:29 am

The "online" page claims

SuperSearch Search Service
Current Status OK
Service Usage Load 35.1%( Low )

but I don't have access to SS for the last 1 1/2 hours.
This is not a random issue since it happens every other day... :evil:

09:55:14 * SS Connect Port : 443
09:55:14 * SS Connect IP : 136.243.76.160
09:55:14 * SS Connect Error : Connection timed out
10:57:35 * SS Connect Port : 443
10:57:35 * SS Connect IP : 136.243.76.160
10:57:35 * SS Connect Error : Connection timed out
11:27:48 * SS Connect Port : 443
11:27:48 * SS Connect IP : 136.243.76.160
11:27:48 * SS Connect Error : Connection timed out

bowie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by bowie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:04 pm

same here
11:53:14 * SS Connect Port : 443
11:53:14 * SS Connect IP : 136.243.76.160
11:53:14 * SS Connect Error : Connection timed out

In "SuperSearch & SuperLeech Usage Graphs"there is a drop

And yes this happens almost every day

DavidWall
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by DavidWall » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:58 pm

It's down according to the graphs but up according to the status page - make your mind up - it's down as far as we are concerned.

harrydej2
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:05 am

Re: What to do if SuperSearch seems to be down ?

Post by harrydej2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:40 am

08:39:52 * SS Connect Port : 443
08:39:52 * SS Connect IP : 136.243.76.160
08:39:52 * SS Connect Error : Connection timed out

Post Reply