Newsleecher V8 Beta Release - Timeline

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.

Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
pka4916

Re: Newsleecher V8 Beta Release - Timeline

Post by pka4916 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 pm

it is done by 1 person.
He developed another program before Newsleecher, and abandoned it all the sudden, and newsleecher was the new name with a new site. Surely hope this is not happening all over again.

noblemd

Post by noblemd » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:43 pm

pka4916 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 pm
He developed another program before Newsleecher, and abandoned it all the sudden, and newsleecher was the new name with a new site. Surely hope this is not happening all over again.
I take it you have not seen this post...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29356

Please note this is V8 BETA 1 which means it does not work 100% (gets stuck occasionally), but with minor user intervention, it is useable (see my post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29371 - specifically the part about ALWAYS force a settings backup before restarting NL).

Been using it for several weeks and enjoying the new version speed (makes full use of my 500 Mbit/sec connection - 55 MB/s download speed) and handling of obfuscated headers - even with the minor problems it works - looking forward to the official beta release...

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Then why not be honest with us?

pka4916

Post by pka4916 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Then why not putting it in NL at all in the Tab where it supposed to be.
Also the Beta is old, and does not work according to several people and buggy
it's never made public,
and it's posted by someone with 1 post..

noblemd wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:43 pm
pka4916 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 pm
I take it you have not seen this post...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29356

Please note this is V8 BETA 1 which means it does not work 100% (gets stuck occasionally), but with minor user intervention, it is useable (see my post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29371 - specifically the part about ALWAYS force a settings backup before restarting NL).

Been using it for several weeks and enjoying the new version speed (makes full use of my 500 Mbit/sec connection - 55 MB/s download speed) and handling of obfuscated headers - even with the minor problems it works - looking forward to the official beta release...

noblemd

Post by noblemd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:28 pm

pka4916 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm
it's never made public, and it's posted by someone with 1 post..

I merely responded to your 11 June 2019 post...
abandoned it all the sudden
1. Obviously not abandoned
From NL program News & Log tab (note date of April 23, 2019):
Apr 23, 2019, 09:51 GMT
Just a quick update to let you know that we are still working hard on finalizing the first beta of NewsLeecher V8.0. There is a single larger issue with the newly implemented threaded leeching engine, that we are currently taking care of. When that’s done, we'll release!
2. V8 B1 Forum Release 5 message posted May 3, 2019 (for several weeks the third listing in the Beta Releases forum - another indication of not abandoned).
3. What does it matter how many posts the poster has???
4. It is a BETA ONE release. BETA version definition: "a pre-release test version... may still contain bugs that need to be fixed"
So of course (read my post)...
it does not work 100% (gets stuck occasionally), but with minor user intervention, it is useable

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:36 pm

I think most of us in this forum would agree that actions speak much louder than words. Thus far, there have been many, many words, yet no actions. Of course, the action I am referring to is making a long, long awaited Beta available to this community.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 pm

So, since you know everything better.
WHY does a new user with 1 post, post a Beta, while there is NO OFFICIAL news from Spiril.
We as paying customers, expect some official news, and not a post from a newbie that found a Some kind of Beta.

Yes I can read the tab, in NL with the april dates... All about promises and Fixes for Supersearch
Yes, I saw your post about that fix.. Which is a pain, so i would never use that version. if it's even an official Beta.

noblemd wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:28 pm
pka4916 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm
it's never made public, and it's posted by someone with 1 post..

I merely responded to your 11 June 2019 post...
abandoned it all the sudden
1. Obviously not abandoned
From NL program News & Log tab (note date of April 23, 2019):
Apr 23, 2019, 09:51 GMT
Just a quick update to let you know that we are still working hard on finalizing the first beta of NewsLeecher V8.0. There is a single larger issue with the newly implemented threaded leeching engine, that we are currently taking care of. When that’s done, we'll release!
2. V8 B1 Forum Release 5 message posted May 3, 2019 (for several weeks the third listing in the Beta Releases forum - another indication of not abandoned).
3. What does it matter how many posts the poster has???
4. It is a BETA ONE release. BETA version definition: "a pre-release test version... may still contain bugs that need to be fixed"
So of course (read my post)...
it does not work 100% (gets stuck occasionally), but with minor user intervention, it is useable

noblemd

Post by noblemd » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:34 pm

pka4916 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 pm
Yes, I saw your post about that fix.. Which is a pain, so i would never use that version. if it's even an official Beta.
Actually - NO PAIN AT ALL

Once you make the recommended settings changes... Download one posted file at a time - requires no user intervention - no errors.
4. In Settings - Unpacker - Postpone RAR Unpacking While Downloading - CHECKED.

5. In Advanced Tweaks set - Download Pause While Repair & Extract - to FALSE - If set to TRUE - downloads will be disabled.

The very minor problems only occur when trying to download multiple files at one time.

************************************************************************************
Downloading multiple files at one time... I don't call 2 mouse clicks and a program restart much of a pain (and, it is only a precaution in case an "End Task" is required - a rare occurrence).

Toolbox - Advanced - Perform Backup

************************************************************************************
The only time more intervention is required is when NL says it cannot create the download files. - which is a very rare occurance.
Once again an easy fix - Delete the queued files and resubmit the files for d/l.