New version?

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.

MichealHeitz

Re: New version?

Post by MichealHeitz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:39 am

tinaadam wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:32 pm
Cathy wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:17 am
MichaelRonaldhino77 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 am
yeah, that's right you just need an android vpn in this device to watch your favorite movies or tv channels online from anywhere in the world with bufferless streaming. I am using FastestVPN and I am very much satisfied with their service. try this one. :)
mobile phones are the only devices that you carry with yourself 24/7. Come to think of it, it is thus, crucial for you to secure your phone with a VPN since things like GPS detection and insecure WiFi connections can adversely affect our privacy.
I agreed but i have seen the speed and serious connection issues with some vpns especially free ones. I have switched few VPNs to get the right vpn for my android and i believe VyprVPN is just doing thinks fine for me as i am not facing two main issues like speed and connectivity. I heard Expressvpn and PIA are also good VPNs for android. Do research about them and get the best vpn for android.
Free VPNs can leak your data. I was tired of using them. Express and Nord VPN are the fastest VPNs so far and for almost any purpose, whether downloading APK files or for streaming. Keep yourself assure of going for the best known service.
I agree....free VPNs gave me a severe case of headaches......not to mention the ton of unused advertisements it brings along with it....

..::Frans::..

Post by ..::Frans::.. » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:46 am

Have finally after many many years decided to discontinue my subscription. I wish the people @ NL all the best, used it from day 1 and do remember the early beta days from version 1 but there will never be a version 8 and there are many better and other options now. It is a shame though that scuba just wasn't honest to all those old (and new) customers.

max2

Post by max2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:27 am

..::Frans::.. wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:46 am
Have finally after many many years decided to discontinue my subscription. I wish the people @ NL all the best, used it from day 1 and do remember the early beta days from version 1 but there will never be a version 8 and there are many better and other options now. It is a shame though that scuba just wasn't honest to all those old (and new) customers.
I fully agree! :D

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 pm

I absolutely agree. It is obvious that Scuba and his colleagues are dishonest and incompetent. We will never see a v8, and we will never really know why it has taken so long (if in fact it was ever truly being developed).

MichaelRonaldhino77

Post by MichaelRonaldhino77 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 pm

tinaadam wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:32 pm
Cathy wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:17 am
MichaelRonaldhino77 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 am
yeah, that's right you just need an android vpn in this device to watch your favorite movies or tv channels online from anywhere in the world with bufferless streaming. I am using FastestVPN and I am very much satisfied with their service. try this one. :)
mobile phones are the only devices that you carry with yourself 24/7. Come to think of it, it is thus, crucial for you to secure your phone with a VPN since things like GPS detection and insecure WiFi connections can adversely affect our privacy.
I agreed but i have seen the speed and serious connection issues with some vpns especially free ones. I have switched few VPNs to get the right vpn for my android and i believe VyprVPN is just doing thinks fine for me as i am not facing two main issues like speed and connectivity. I heard Expressvpn and PIA are also good VPNs for android. Do research about them and get the best vpn for android.
Free VPNs can leak your data. I was tired of using them. Express and Nord VPN are the fastest VPNs so far and for almost any purpose, whether downloading APK files or for streaming. Keep yourself assure of going for the best known service.
Thanks for the advice and yeah I was also told the same thing mentioned above.

ShaneBrinkman

Post by ShaneBrinkman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:14 pm

I consider most us agree with this consequent to being made a trap of for what's it now 15 months? Additionally, I requested it very in a neighborly way, and i'm to some degree longer client than executives are chairmen thusly, they,'ve as of late surrendered, cleaned the site pages again to make it show up that anything is going down.

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Yup, the vast majority of us would agree that there is no new version of NewsLeecher forthcoming. Besides, given how long it has taken thus far with various vacuous promises along the way (your statement of 15 months is probably fairly accurate), what confidence could we possibly have that any new version would be an example of quality software?

cheezhed

Post by cheezhed » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:59 am

Scuba what is going on????

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:58 am

cheezhed wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:59 am
Scuba what is going on????
Didn't you see this on the newsleecher news: :D
"March 15, 2019
On a different node, we expect the first beta release of NewsLeecher V8.0 to be out within the next couple of weeks time. It will be a major upgrade from V7.0, since *lots* of code has been rewritten. Full support for obfuscated postings, full support for High DPI setups, new UI, a vastly optimized multi-threaded leeching engine and more."

:D
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

WhizzKidBill

Post by WhizzKidBill » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:46 am

Didn't you see this on the newsleecher news: :D
"March 15, 2019
On a different node, we expect the first beta release of NewsLeecher V8.0 to be out within the next couple of weeks time. It will be a major upgrade from V7.0, since *lots* of code has been rewritten. Full support for obfuscated postings, full support for High DPI setups, new UI, a vastly optimized multi-threaded leeching engine and more."

:D
I've been a paying member for well over seven years, and every single month I log in here to see if there's a new version.

So "Scuba" says...
((( Didn't you see this on the newsleecher news: :D "March 15, 2019 - NewsLeecher V8.0 to be out within the next couple of weeks time )))

I'm giving it until the end of this month & if a new version isn't released I'm cancelling, its not the fact that the V7.0 software is becoming buggy, its not the fact that supersearch often goes down, its the fact that (YOU) "Scuba" keep telling us that a new version will be released & it never appears, anyway end of the month I either see a link to download the new version or I'm off to another provider.

cheezhed

Post by cheezhed » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:10 am

I remain hopeful, please don’t let me down.

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:52 am

I recall predicting some time ago that a beta of a new version would not arrive before the end of March. It saddens me to admit that I was right.

patioheater

Post by patioheater » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 am

There's a beta on here somewhere but I can't find it now. Anyhow I'm using it alongside 7 Final

Mibbler

Post by Mibbler » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:17 pm

patioheater wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 am
There's a beta on here somewhere but I can't find it now. Anyhow I'm using it alongside 7 Final
Spiril posted a link to an unofficial beta back in January. Here's his post. I've been using it since then, also with 7 Final to fall back on. The beta's best feature is that it renames deobfuscated posts after downloading them. With 7 that has to be done manually. But the beta has a number of problems resulting in occasional error messages and disconnects, sometimes making part of a post undownloadable, which is where 7 comes in handy. Also, some useful features have been removed, such as 7's secondary filter of search results (e.g.: Show me only the 1080p results. OK, now just the 720p results.). And I'd like an option to return to 7's UI.
Del Mibbler

Mibbler

Post by Mibbler » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:59 pm

I just updated to Newsleecher 8.0 Beta 1 unofficial forum release #5, dated 2/6/2019. It's too early to be certain, but so far I've seen none of the error messages or disconnects I had with ufr4. There's a new feature (at least I didn't notice it in ufr4) to show the most recent 24 hours worth of deobfuscated posts in SuperSearch, but it doesn't work. It searches for:

::Deobfuscated-24H::

I don't understand the syntax and apparently neither does this version of NL but that's OK. I search by single days anyway because even that returns "Maximum Number of Search Results Rearched[sic]"

AFAIK none of the NL people have posted a link to it and I won't either. I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader. Anyone who has downloaded ufr4 from Spiril's link (see my previous post) should be able to figure it out.

Edit 4/11/2019: I just installed ufr5 on a different computer, and the 24 hour search syntax works there (it's a button called "Latest"). That PC is running 32-bit Win 7, while my primary PC runs 64-bit Win 10. No idea why it works on one and not the other.

Still none of the errors I had with ufr4. So far I'm pleased with ufr5 despite some minor changes from 7.0 that I wish hadn't changed (mainly the UI). Next I'll try it on an old, slow laptop where I first tried ufr4 and got errors about every other download.

Note to the NL honchos: People are begging for an official beta, so unless you have one ready to go, why not make ufr5 official? It works pretty well, its handling of deobfuscated posts is much better than 7.0's, and it's a beta, after all; it doesn't need to be perfect.
Del Mibbler