HELP! Error saving to disk. Unable to create /

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

ds3000

HELP! Error saving to disk. Unable to create /

Post by ds3000 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:31 am

Last night, Newsleecher crashed and I had to manually close it. Now, no matter where I change destination download folder, it will not download and continues to give me this error msg.

Bug ID:
14y10e28z

Bug Data #2:
Item not found

Timberwolf61!

Re: HELP! Error saving to disk. Unable to create /

Post by Timberwolf61! » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:05 am

Since 2 days i have the same problem. Even if i choose a new download folder the problem stays.

ToeCutterZero

Re: HELP! Error saving to disk. Unable to create /

Post by ToeCutterZero » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:39 pm

UPDATE: Despite suggestions to save your %appdata% folder for recovery, DISREGARD

Restoring the folder restores the errors as well.

Uninstall and do a clean install.

I'm having the exact same issue. I was leeching just fine yesterday, and now I can't even open NL; I'm met only with errors regarding disk access, and this recurring error:

Bug ID:
14y10e28z

Bug Data #2:
Item not found

This error keeps launching a loop of windows that re-open right after I close them. My only choice is to close NL.

What's remarkable is that *nothing* changed? No new apps, no loss of connectivity, no downloads, it just happens with Beta 2.

Per some other posts (years old), this bug is probably related to memory use/disk access and simply throws on error for any number of issues with NL. This bug existed in v7, so it's unlikely it's going away.

I'd suggest you reinstall NL, but save your C:\Users\NAME\%appdata%\Newsleecher folder before you re-install. Then, re-install NL and restore the contents of the %appdata%\Newsleecher folder and it should restore all your folders, etc.

If the error persists, I guess we're left with a complete re-install and setup w/o old data from the %appdata%\Newsleecher folder.

Good Luck!