rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

japilcher

rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post by japilcher » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:58 pm

attempting to extract rar archive - I get not enough disk space error . dispite there being 145 GB available for a 70 GB archive .

using 8.2, same issue appeared in 7 , I had hoped it would be fixed by now

Mibbler

Re: rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post by Mibbler » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:34 am

Is that 145 GB available after the rars are already downloaded? Because they'll take up at least 70 GB and they won't be deleted until the archive is extracted, so a total of 140 GB. And there might be temporary files that bring it over 145 GB.
Del Mibbler

japilcher

Post by japilcher » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:48 pm

145 after rars downloaded yes , I other words there is still a ton of space on the drive left. I can use an archive utility to extract tot he same drive - same folder even, and it will complete successfully without complaint

price450

Post by price450 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:49 am

Sometimes the final size is more than the size of the compressed document, I have seen it in many cases, and it happened to me on several occasions try using a different storage method.

canon mp560

japilcher

Post by japilcher » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:42 am

that may be true with things like documents that can be compressed , but video is not compressed that much. A 70 GB archive is not going to expand to 145 GB. When I actually unzip with 7zip it does so without complaint and tons of room to spare. I have to manually enter the password - then delete the files afterward, which is one of the selling points for newsleecher, ie it will do that for you . Is there a setting or registry key that specifies that there must be 2x the size of the archive or more available before it will unpack ?