Newsleecher app cannot register

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

fiftysix555666

Newsleecher app cannot register

Post by fiftysix555666 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:41 pm

So the app itself is not allowing me to put my account info to register (boxes are unable to be filled) I can set up access server and download fine, but i have no user privileges (supersearch, etc) I have been using this software for since 4.0 and I have never seen this issue.

the 4 lines below the box are all saying checking... forever

i have reinstalled different versions and uninstalled, reset, etc and it still does this

misterrmac

Re: Newsleecher app cannot register

Post by misterrmac » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:35 pm

I am having the same issue (8.0 Beta 4). Uninstalling and a fresh reinstall do not help.
After a few restarts of the program it will sometimes allow entering login data for registration but it fails saying it can't match the specified license registration data with a newsleecher account and showing "Limited Free Edition" - I can log into the Member area with no issues.
I have also tried changing the Members area password.

I also tried reverting back to 7 final and while the hanging login doesn't happen the registration update still fails.

Update: Downloading and searching seem to be fine. I can connect to the servers and selected downloads do run and complete.

cheezhed

Post by cheezhed » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:57 am

I can't register either.

TheSiege

Post by TheSiege » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:59 pm

I found a workaround for this issue that I posted before in the Beta forum.. open up the News and Log tab - you will probably notice your News page refreshing constantly too. Move the pane splitter to the right, and it should stop refreshing, and then allow you to enter your membership details too.